If not, you could be costing your enterprise time and money. Many managers and owners stick with stamps or an older model of franking machine from habit without taking a moment to establish how and why this is like throwing profits away.
- Stamps are the lowest technology, highest cost postage option.
- Older models of franking machines save money compared to stamps and deliver adequate but not outstanding benefits.
- Smart technology franking machines are where Royal Mail perceives business mail users gravitating. The lowest costs, highest technology solutions.
They have stipulated that all new franking machine leases and purchases must be for smart Royal Mail franking machines, available through partners including IMS Franking. As an incentive VAT is reclaimable.
Maximised mailroom efficiency, cost effectiveness and the ability to deploy staff on other core business tasks are primary benefits.
Smart franking machines which comply with Royal Mail’s Mailmark scheme offer the lowest available pricing tariff alongside the optimum levels of technology. Online visibility and tracking of mail via a readable 2D barcode, dashboard management and sophisticated reporting tools plus the capacity to absorb new developments from Royal Mail make smart technology franking machines exceptionally desirable.
Every item of mail is sent at the correct fee, whether it is 1st class, 2nd class, letter or parcel, sign on delivery or timed delivery and all items are handled on site; queuing at the Post Office becomes a distant memory.
You can tear stamps and waste them, good luck doing the same with a franking machine!
- 1st class small envelope stamp: 65p
- Standard franking 1st class: 57p
- Mailmark franking 1st class: 55p
- 2nd class small envelope stamp: 56p
- Standard franking 2nd class: 41p
- Mailmark franking 2nd class: 38p
High volume users may be eligible for Business Mail.
Royal Mail offers rewards for accuracy via this license-holder service. The correct address and postcode, clear to read and scan mail for ease of transit through the network can reduce post related overheads positively; the higher the level of accuracy, the greater the reward up to 20%.
Trust the experts
Pitney Bowes, with leading franking machines suppliers like IMS Franking, appreciate that budget and time pressures require smart franking machines which represent the best solutions for business users. Below is an example of a Pitney Bowes franking machine:
Sendpro 1000 for medium-high volumes:
- Processes up to 180 items/minute.
- 15” Colour touchscreen operation.
- Mailmark compliant smart franking machine.
- 7kg weighing platform with 35kg optional.
- Colour printing – excellent for marketing.
- 1200 dpi colour printing.
- 1000 cost centres, 3000 optional.
- Online account management.
Lease or purchase?
A lease agreement offers the convenience of budgeting and spreading the cost of the franking machine hire. If you lease a Pitney Bowes franking machine at £18.99 per month, this costs less than £230 annually. Consumables and credit top-ups are managed via an online account, 24/7.
The purchase of a smart Royal Mail franking machine is normally over £1000.
Please speak to a franking machine supplier today to learn more.